Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Tale of Two Kids

Wednesday night I was driving my 13-year old son, Tyler, to guitar class, and we were admiring the small sports car next to us.

"Dad, have you seen the body shape of the Jaguar? It's really cool."

"Son, the only Jaguar you'll ever drive is your uncle's (the lawyer)."

Smiling smugly, "Just give me time, Dad."

Cameron Highlands

This morning my younger son, 8-year-old Cameron, was leaving for piano class with his mom. I was quizzing him on highlights of his week.

"What's your favorite thing to do?"

"Praise God."

"You mean like worship?"

"Singing, reading the Bible, praying."

Cameron Highlands

He's also the son that wants to go to work with me when he grows up : ) The older one wants to be an actor, or an artist, or a musician, or a Marine - thanks to his new favorite computer game "First to Fight," where he is learning all about warfare tactics and has a new admiration for soldiers.

No comments: