Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fireworks Promised on 'West Wing' Debate

The first few season of the West Wing have been my favorite TV show. Intelligent, fast-paced dialogue on dramatic issues with great characters.

However, I tuned into one episode of this season's show and didn't like it at all. The only holdover character I saw from earlier seasons was Josh, and all the shots were on the campaign trail with the two candidates. One of my favorite aspects of the series has been the rich decor of the West Wing offices - beautiful places that would be fun to work in.

I guess the show hasn't done so well since Aaron Sorkin left two years ago, and now they are resorting to gimmicks like this live show this week. Sounds fun anyway, if not the high-quality of past seasons:

"'We could get it completely wrong. You might be able to only hear Alan Alda and not hear Jimmy because the mikes don't work (or) the camera goes out; some crazy thing happens with the equipment. Certainly, the actors can lose their way.'

'There's just nothing more fun to watch than that kind of train wreck. If I wasn't involved with the show I'd be turning it on just to see: OK, how do they screw up,' he said."

No comments: