Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Case of Behe vs. Darwin

My experience has been that academics are some of the most closed-minded people I've met.

Rather than exploring for truth, they seem bent on lining up evidence to prove their conclusions. So it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the scientific community were actually wrong, and had followed the crowd rather than actually following the evidence.

"Denton argued there was little physical proof of Darwin's evolutionary theories, despite widespread support for his conclusions. Behe began to wonder.

'I checked research papers, and I was shocked to find that none of these things had been explained,' Behe said. 'I came to realize that a pillar of my thinking [in believing Darwinism] was supported not by evidence but by sociological factors, what other people think.'"

No comments: