Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Love My Gmail

This article gives some tips for how to use your gmail account as a private online journal.

I've signed up for several gmail accounts this year, and I love them for the fact that:

1. I can use separate accounts for different projects - all the email for a particular conference I'm planning is linked to one account
2. I can use accounts as online filing cabinets. They are effectively my email backups. I use a different email account, but forward a copy of every email to my gmail account, where it will be stored for a long time (currently 2.6 GB of free storage!)
3. This article suggests using your gmail account to write notes to yourself. Great idea!
4. They come with SSL connection for connecting to your computer's email client, giving more security/privacy than other email services.

No comments: