Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Notes on Success

The ones who succeed are usually the ones who are not afraid of failure, and not deterred by failure. Which relates to a few of characteristics - courage to go for it, persistence to keep going for it, and vision to have something to go for.

"To put all of this in context, and before you start to vomit at my bragging, I must confess that I fail miserably about ten times for every one success. (That’s an accurate estimate. I’ve literally kept score.) But interestingly, the failures always involved activities that seemed entirely feasible. I was completely qualified for all of the things that failed. Ironically, I couldn’t even “keep my day job.”" [whereas his long list of successes involved areas way outside his competence, but where he had a premonition he could succeed]

No comments: